There are plenty of reasons for valuing diversity. Because it is the right thing to do is the primary reason. Yet diversity as a business issue is also crucial. In a climate 21st century organization valuing diverse ideas means more customers, better ideas, a climate of excellence, better employee morale, more creativity, more productivity. Every one of these is a bottom line issue.
- Analyze the power of stereotypes and understand their impact.
- Promote active listening and dialogue about issues.
- Help each other become allies for each other
- Assure all departments have an active diversity focus
- Assure that the diversity efforts are supported by all front line employees.
Clarify who has the accountability and ongoing responsibility for the support, tracking, and sustainability of these diversity efforts in all departments.